Thanksgiving just came and went, so it’s time to go search for the perfect statement boot that will not only help you strut your stuff, but also protect you from chilly days.
These styles are perfect, whether you are in sunny California or walking the streets in the North East. Below freezing temperatures are not an excuse to leave fashion behind, and these styles not only are practical, but they will also help you leave a mark.
A few of my picks include:
1. Elegant black booties: Work well with tights and skirts, skinny jeans and even trousers. This is a versatile boot for sure. (Activate Suede Active Boots www.topshop.com)
2. Sorel boots: Perfect for trekking in the snow and works well with jeans and leggings. This is a utility boot, so I hope they don’t become as ubiquitous as UGGS did a few years back. PS: These are not to be worn in warm climate cities. (Sorel Joan of Artic Weather Boots www.mytheresa.com)
3. Riding boots: Another must for fall. A neutral color works well with all the colors seen this season. Pair them for the day with a scarf and denim or even at night with tights, cute accessories and a dress. You’ll sure turn heads. (RALPH LAUREN COLLECTION Vintage Cuoio Half Boots Istara li www.STYLEBOP.com)
4. Velvet peep toe booties: These will be the talk of any holiday party. They are sexy and very sultry. I also like the texture, since velvet elevates them to a more elegant feel. The gold detail makes them luxurious too. (MESSECA Velvet Wedge Sandalswww.theoutnet.com)
5. Top Sider booties: A nautical twist with a hint of winter. These boots are practical for the rain because of its rubber soles. I like the red laces because it really makes them stand out! Very different indeed. (Trinity Boot Lug www.sperrytopsider.com)
Alright so remember, there is a boot on every budget and only pick one of two styles. Make sure to break them in before the bad storm, and with all these tips, you are sure to put your best foot forward into style!
Ryzenberg On, is Signing Off
Photos by: Polyvore
[ Jesica Ryzenberg with Joseph Altuzarra at Neiman Marcus. Photo by Gustavo Fernandez for Drew Altizer Photography ]
- Jesica Ryzenberg is the newest contributing writer for SFFAMA. She is the voice behind the fashion blog “Ryzenberg On”. Jesica is a feisty fashionista hailing from Peru with an affinity for all Bravo TV programming. If you desire the unpredictable and love a hint of spice, then she’s your girl! Her heart is currently in San Francisco, but her soul floats around the globe.