Now that summer has ended, I’m here to let you know that you don’t need to head into a store this fall in order to stylishly gear up for the colder months. A few key pieces are all you need to be polished and prepared, sensibly mixing and matching with what’s already in your closet:
- A Cape: There’s a billions ways to wear a cape. Layer it over your favorite turtleneck, cinch it in with a beautiful belt, or leave it open for an ultra-cool vibe.
- A Fedora: Never mind the beanies and sock hats, a fedora will keep your head toasty and trendy. Pick it in wool for serious warmth.
- A Cable Knit Sweater: A cable knit sweater is multi-tasking hard this season. It’s even trendy enough to layer over your favorite cocktail attire.
- A Below-the-Knee, A-line Skirt: Move over maxi dress, there’s a new revamp this time around. The below-the-knee A-line skirt is headed in strong on the trend list for fall. Tights and turtlenecks will get a new look that’s not just for teachers anymore.
- Ankle Socks: A great way to stretch the use and wear your favorite booties when it’s cold out is a nice pair of ankle socks to wear alone, (weather willing) over your favorite tights, and tucked into your favorite booties.
[ Mira Torres with Clinton Kelly at Macy’s ]
MIRA TORRES is a freelance writer whose links and articles have been featured in various online outlets including San Francisco’s 7×7, Blackbook, and Sashay magazine. You can also find her syndicated work on Myshape, Green Box Top, and the eco-fashion website Green By Design. She writes her own popular Beauty and Accessories column on nationwide news resource Examiner.com. Mira studied Fashion Merchandising at the Academy of Art University and earned a degree in Psychology at Ashford University.
Mira Torres is the Style and Beauty contributing writer for SFFAMA. She is an active SFFAMA member and host of The Beauty Expo and Fashion Racked, as well as, a panel speaker at Fashion Bloggers Connect.
When she’s not indulging in her fashion and beauty product obsession, Mira likes to paint, sing horribly to music in the car and read trashy fiction. You can e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow her on twitter @miratorres