TOPIC: THE BUSINESS OF A LOCAL FASHION DESIGNER
- WHEN: May 19, 2011, Thursday, 6-9PM
- WHERE: Pigment Cosmetics, One Market Street (Studio 2), San Francisco, CA
- BOOK/ RSVP HERE
FEATURING: Bacca Da Silva, Gerry Kelly, Julian Dash, Indu Arora
- Give us a rundown of the creative process from design inception to production
- What challenges do you face as a fashion designer locally?
- What are your experiences with manufacturers, textile companies, importers, fabric retailers?
- Do you sell online? Do you have an online store? Do you do consignments? Do you have your retail shop?
- Explain these processes.
- Why staying put locally instead of relocating is ideal for you?
- How do you find clients? Who are your clients? Explain your demographics
- How do you maintain the day to day operations to run your business?
- How do you market your product? What type of marketing strategies do you utilize?
- How do you utilize technology and social media to promote your fashion design business?