Date: AUG. 09, 2011, Tuesday, Door Opens at 6pm, $15 Online, $20 at the door
Location: Pigment Cosmetics, One Market, Studio # 2, San Francisco, CA
- Hosted By: MIKA UEHARA @ Lookaroo
We’re inspired by moments of brilliant fashion and style wherever we are, so we created Lookaroo to help capture, store, and share those moments quickly and easily. We also made it easy to organize and search inspirations so you can find your looks and styles for whatever you need.
Started by former owners of apparel brands who have a penchant for small labels and boutiques, Lookaroo is based in San Francisco, CA, but is happy to call the global community its home.
- LIZZY EISENBERG of Shop Style @ http://www.shopstyle.com/
Lizzy Eisenberg is responsible for business development and marketing efforts for ShopStyle, US. Lizzy manages relationships and grows partnerships with over 300 retailers and editorial partners including Barney’s New York, AOL, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Style.com. Lizzy was an integral part of the ShopStyle Australia launch and manages the day-to-day operations of the Australian site.
- HELEN ZHU of Chictopia @ www.chictopia.com
After eight years in the web industry, it wasn’t long before Helen Zhu decided to branch out on her own. A Berkeley Graduate with a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Helen partnered with then roommates Corinne Chan and Richard Ho to launch Chictopia in April of 2008. Seeking to spearhead a project that would keep their interest, the three settled on fashion; an industry that, in Helen’s words, “lacked innovation.”
Helen now enjoys doing what she loves in San Francisco, a city she calls home. While she may have gotten a perfect math score on her SATs, Helen isn’t just brains. She also has quite a knack for Salsa and Swing dancing, even belonging to a Swing dance group with husband Ricky. When she isn’t dancing, doing math, or building the Chictopia brand, you can find her watching Gossip Girl and scouring the web for more style photos of Blair Waldorf.
- JEN BENNETT of Jendarling Bags @ http://jendarlingbags.com/
Jen Bennett is founder and designer of Jendarling bags. She started designing garment bags in early 2008 with a passion to create something stylish, yet reusable. Her eco-line has since expanded and Jendarling’s collection encompasses garment bags, shoe bags, totes and pouches. The bags have been featured in numerous press outlets including DailyCandy, Treehugger, Elle UK, San Francisco Chronicle and NBC among others, toting its eco chic qualities. Celeb clients include Rachel Zoe, Renee Loux, Anne Hathaway and the New England Patriots. Prior to Jendarling, Jen worked with numerous start-ups and Fortune 100 companies executing various programs involving PR, event management, online and offline marketing, and social media strategy for clients such as American Express, Sears and Chevron Global Lubricants.
- What do you use social media for? (e.g., customer service, monitored support, communities, forums, peer-to-peer support, etc.)
- How do you engage with followers and readers? What’s working for you? How do you leverage Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or LinkedIn? Facebook Page discussions?
- How do you build public interest? Do you engage with bloggers and other online media channels? Do you engage in Twitter chats? Why use #Handles?
- Who manages your social media efforts? In-house or third party? Please describe your experience and your future plans for the role.
- What metrics are important for social media success? Do you measure your clout or your brand influence? If so, how?
- How does social media, PR and marketing affect the bottom line or profitability of a company?
- What technologies or companies are you excited about and how can they benefit the fashion industry?
- Do you have any advice for people interested in working in fashion social media, PR or marketing?