Creative Currency is an initiative bringing together leading developers and designers with national experts in social finance, local currencies, crowdfunding, sharing platforms, and other leaders of the new economy to envision, prototype, and deploy innovative solutions that reimagine our systems of exchange from the ground up.
- Focusing on San Francisco’s Mid-Market District, the initiative will answer pressing questions, such as:
- How can financial data empower low-income residents?
- How can local currencies support local businesses and community organizations?
- How can sharing platforms be tailored to fit the needs of under-served communities?
- How can tools like crowdfunding and microcredit be put to work for social service organizations and individuals alike?
Creative Currency is an initiative of Gray Area Foundation for the Arts, Hub Bay Area, The San Francisco Mayor’s Office of Civic Innovation, and American Express. Attend The Collaboration Weekend.