It is undeniable that AI and blockchain are two of the major technologies that are catalyzing the pace of innovation and introducing radical shifts in every industry. Each technology has its own degree of technical complexity as well as business implications but the joint use of the two may be able to redesign the entire technological (and human) paradigm from scratch.
As enterprises and society at large struggle to wield the massive amounts of data flowing off of devices, infrastructure, workflows, and users, two profound, but distinct technological developments are shaping the narrative. Artificial intelligence (AI) and blockchain are both poised to transform enterprise data strategies, but in very different ways.
AI is an umbrella term for numerous subsets of advancements in technology generally concerned with enabling machines to perceive, speak, act autonomously, and efficiently analyze and learn from large data sets.
Blockchain represents a series of technologies that enable distributed database architecture, wherein the record and verification of a transaction or event relies on multiple parties agreeing on the validity of that transaction, rather than relying on a single centralized authority. RSVP TO Attend.
The time is right for digital professionals to lean in and shape how immersive experiences can extend engagement, nurture influencers, and delight customers with new forms of brand interaction. Immersive technology refers to all forms of perceptual (input to the user) and interactive (output from the user) hardware technologies that blur the line between the physical world and the simulated or digital world. To create a realistic environment, development and recording tools that blends the various technologies together for use within various types of immersive applications or media is required. Virtual reality is expected to be a $150 billion industry by 2020. As with many segments of the tech industry, the field of virtual reality remains dominated by men. But that’s beginning to change, female creators have gotten a rare opportunity to start from a level playing field.
Design Week 2018 : Immersive Technology (VR/AR) : NEW REALITIES IN DESIGN > | RSVP @ http://bit.ly/2L3nNfl | > Join us V/AR Forum @
- Gabriele Sorrento (CEO/Mindesk) : https://www.linkedin.com/in/gsorrento/
- Dipak Patel (Co-Founder & CEO / Zeality Inc.) : https://www.linkedin.com/in/dipakmpatel/
- Wesley McCombe (Director at Dotty Digital) : https://www.linkedin.com/in/wesley-mccombe-14479b4b/
- Efrat Kalmar (Co-Founder/RealX Solutions) : https://www.linkedin.com/in/-kalmar-17718776/
- Patrick Johnson (Founder/Rock Paper Reality-Moderator) :https://www.linkedin.com/in/pjohnson619/
Continuing the tradition due to the success of the annual Digital Winter Fest pop-up events... SFFaMA.org is launching the 1st ever Digital Love Fest, during the month of February; that will feature fashion & technology and emerging products. This gathering will celebrate the future of fashion's emerging talents. This year’s stylish tech event will be held at Mati's brand new spanking office space in Soma. RSVP.
SF Fashion LaBs Workshop Series : Course 01 : So, You Want to Start (or Grow) your Own Fashion House.
Interested in starting a business in fashion? Have a talent and want to turn it into a successful enterprise? This is for you. The San Francisco Fashion and Merchants Alliance and Creative Startup Labs are teaming up to present a first-of-its-kind workshop series. Much more than a class, this is an engaging, interactive boot camp style course led by a professional instructor with deep experience in the industry. Not only will you learn valuable insight into the legal and business foundations that are needed to be successful in your career, you will have a chance to participate and gain both professional and peer-to-peer feedback about your own ideas. You will learn a valuable foundation that you can use yourself, build your network and gain access to the resources that will help turn your idea into a reality. This is a four-part workshop spread over 4 months in San Francisco. Take a look at the outline below and sign up today for any class you choose, or make a commitment to your project and save by enrolling in the entire course. Your future business is ready to start now. RSVP To Attend @ http://bit.ly/2rHD1Qo .
SF Fashion LaBs Workshop Series - COURSE 01 :
So, you want to start (or grow) your own fashion house.
a. Intro to CSL and SFFAMA
c. Course overview
d. How to turn your talent into success, and what you will need in order to do it.
e. Don’t worry, you aren’t alone. There are resources out there. To effectively use them, you have to at least somewhat understand them.
FULL PKG: $100
Course 02 : Fashion Law 101. The foundation needed to build and protect your house.
Course 03 : Dealing with neighbors professionally. Treating your house like a business.
Course 04 : Getting ready for expansion. Turning your house into your castle takes help. How to get it and how some help is different than others.
CSL founder Brad Carrick has been practicing for over 12 years with a JD from Harvard Law School and an MBA from IE Business School in Spain. He is also the founder of the award-winning fashion-tech brand SOLZ, Inc. and editor of the online magazine Fashion InJunction. He has a passion for bringing creative ideas to life – and helping artists and entrepreneurs turn their talents into success by starting and growing their businesses.
Creative Startup Labs is a full-service agency dedicated to helping talented entrepreneurs start and grow their businesses. Whether you need brand development, legal services, business plan preparation, creative financing, strategic consulting or product incubation, CSL can probably help. CSL founder Brad Carrick has been practicing for over 12 years with a JD from Harvard Law School and an MBA from IE Business School in Spain. He is also the founder of the award-winning fashion-tech brand SOLZ, Inc. and editor of the online magazine Fashion InJunction. He has a passion for bringing creative ideas to life – and helping artists and entrepreneurs turn their talents into success by starting and growing their businesses.
Join Fashion Tech Roundup (Pitch Night) 4.0. Participating startups will present their emerging fashion/tech startup or product. A professional judging panel will provide business critiques and the audience is also welcome to offer feedback to the presenting startups. Attend this workshop and meet other fashion/tech entrepreneurs, possible collaborators and future team mates. RSVP TO ATTEND. APPLY TO PITCH or contact Owen Geronimo.
Fashion Revolution Week - Eco Fashion panel w/ Amy Blyth / Partnership Development Manager, Factory Program at Fair Trase USA + Saloni Shrestha / Co-Founder and designer of AGAATI California + Anna Lehtola / Business Development Manager at Lovia Collection + Erin Wold / Co-Founder & COO of SilkRoll (Moderator) > April 25th, RSVP @ http://bit.ly/2oFnPyx
- Responsible for delivering exceptional customer service Overcoming guest objections and closing sales while building on-going relationships Help create and maintain a store culture focused on the customer, enhance the buying experience and build relationships that lead to long term business growth; demonstrate detailed knowledge of all products and services.
- Use company tools to build clientele and achieve sales Responsible for achieving individual sales goals and assisting General Manager in ensuring the store meets its sales plan.
- Ensure each customer is welcomed into the store in a warm and genuinely sincere manner.
- Ensure the appropriate quality time is spent with the customer, asking questions in order to learn about his/her needs, preferences and lifestyle.
- Go above and beyond the customer's initial requests and assist in fulfilling his/her wardrobe needs by recommending complete outfits.
- Sonas Denim, a compassionate, free spirited, lifestyle fashion brand is seeking an enthusiastic, passionate volunteer creative intern who wants to gain real life experience with an up and coming fashion line. The right candidate will be creative, adept with social media, reliable and able to commit to at least 10-15 hours a week.
- Overseeing and facilitating the day-to-day social media operations and author posts across all of our social channels -- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- Working with the founders on the creation and implementation of a social media campaign on our Social Media channels of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest (or other suggested channels).
- Maintaining online presence with innovative content of interest
- Expanding our fan base
- Marketing via Email
- Submitting articles to bloggers and then linking to us. Commenting on other articles of interest in the name of Sonas.
- Must be a self starter, motivated, reliable, organized and driven.
- Experience in fashion and public relations a plus but not required.
- Must be able to work independently as well as on a team
- Must be a creative self-starter to help take our brand to the next level by building up our followers and finding innovative ways to give our brand a look and a voice in the world of fashion oriented social media
- Must be able to connect with bloggers, fashion and media editors as well as various industry professionals.
- The position will be reporting to the founder and is an unpaid (voluntary) internship, but can be arranged for college credit.
- Commission's will be paid on any sales resulting from your marketing efforts. (i.e. if you create a link or Promo Code to lead back to a posting you are responsible for)
- It is a volunteer position but we will pay you an hourly wage in trade in jeans based upon minimum wage and the posted retail price of jeans. So, if you like to write and post and have a passion for social media, marketing, fashion and animals we'd love to hear from you! We'd like to hear what talents you can bring to our team, as well as what you hope to gain from this opportunity. See Sonas Denim products www.sonasdenim.com
Please send resume and cover letter to - firstname.lastname@example.org
TAYLOR / MONROE, high-end hair salon located in Hayes Valley, is conducting a model call for an upcoming photoshoot for their hair lookbook. T/M is looking for photogenic female models who are open to color and/or cut for this hair shoot. See more details below:
- Photoshoot Date: Monday, Feb. 13th
- Call Time: TBD
- Photographer: Genevieve Diaz and Lauren Midori
- NO Compensation: Trade for color and cut services, color & cut services are typically $200+. Models will also get all photos taken for their portfolio.
- Other Requirements: Models must be available prior to the day of the shoot to have color/cut service done. On the day of the shoot, models will simply be styled by T/M stylists and photographed.
- Wardrobe: Azalea Boutique, Rand + Statler
If interested, contact: Benji Pow, email@example.com,
Iron Creative has an amazing opportunity for someone looking to get their feet wet in the fashion and / or photography industry. We need an intern for the next 6-8 weeks in prep for a seasonal photoshoot. The person would be working at at the client's location for approx 25 hours per week.
The position would include any and everything that involves getting teams ready for a photoshoot - scheduling meetings, outreach to vendors, working with the production company on logistics, gathering clothing from samples, readying contracts, etc. And a possibility of attending the shoot in LA.
- An interest in fashion, photography or marketing
- A go-getter
- Highly organized and lover of logistics
- Creative problem solver
- 25 hours per week
- No college degree required. It’s a great opp for a fashion student.
- This will be paid, although pay is TBD depending on experience.
To apply please send resume with a brief email (to: firstname.lastname@example.org) on why you are interested. If you don’t have a resume, a few bullets about experience and reason for interest.
"Fast fashion has followed a trend similar to the fast food chains that inspired its name - explosive growth, massive popularity, and then consumer skepticism. Turns out that having access to clothes en masse mere days after the latest runway shows requires production practices that aren’t healthy for societies or our planet. Just like factory farming and consuming Whoppers and fries consistently isn’t healthy or sustainable, inexpensive clothing meant to be worn once or twice and constantly replaced isn’t much better for us. Even McKinsey says so. In 2004, we had Supersize Me; in 2015, we got The True Cost. Are we seeing the beginning of a shift away from fast fashion? Will apparel brands more akin to Chipotle start gaining real traction?" — Kelsey Halling, Sustainable Brands
Photo Credit: Zara
What are the basic requirements to apply?
We are open to any innovations at the intersection of fashion, retail, and technology. Yes, that is broad, but the Fashion and Retail Partners want to see everything from CRM, peer-to-peer commerce, brick and mortar sales and merchandising tools, actionable data insight display, iBeacon, to whoever cracks the nut on the virtual shopping layer with augmented reality. If you have that covered, then we will also need to see a robust, functional beta along with a solid founding team that includes one technical member. Check? Okay then, lastly the founder/cofounders must be located in NYC for the 12 weeks (March - June).
Join us on November 05th-06th, 2016 at Startup House!
Build IOT App Solutions for Retail & Fashion
reate a team + Build a team + Connect w/ other creatives to build an app or a startup company....No other city embraces the intertwined relationship between fashion, retail, technology, and the future of Virtual Reality more than San Francisco does. With the city being known as the hub where technology and fashion intermix... the goal is to create an innovative app to tackle various challenges to foster growth in the local or global fashion industries. Teams will learn from mentors about industry issues and what solutions are relevant.
he hackathon seeks to bring together designers, developers, business professionals, and technologists to cultivate ideas on how to #DisruptFashion.
San Francisco embraces the intertwined relationship between fashion, retail and technology like no other city. Understanding this relationship, San Francisco Fashion Merchants and Alliance, Inc. (SFFAMA) will present San Francisco Fashion Week ™ 2016 on September 24, 2016 - October 2, 2016.
With the city being known as the ultimate hub where technology and fashion intermix, it’s only fitting that this year’s theme is “Tech Drives Fashion.”
San Francisco Fashion Week ™ 2016 will explore how technology has become an integral part of the fashion industry by showcasing emerging designer collections, virtual reality, 3D fashion, wearable tech and so much more.
Join us in this fashion revolution during the 7th annual San Francisco Fashion Week ™ 2016 and explore how “Tech Drives Fashion” for yourself in the world’s leading hub of technology.
Day 1 | Sunday, September 25, 2016
Opening Reception @ Monroe SF
Day 2 | Monday, September 26, 2016
Day 3 | Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Fashion Tech Expo @ Galvanize
Day 4 | Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Retail Tech Summit @ Gensler
Day 5 | Thursday, September 29, 2016
VR Style's Night Out @ Wework Transbay
Day 6 | Friday, September 30, 2016
Emerging Designers Showcase @ Founder's Space
Day 7 | Saturday, October 1, 2016
Ready to Wear Showcase @ DZINE
Day 8 | Sunday, October 2, 2016
High Fashion Showcase @ Bloomingdale's