SF Fashion LaBs Workshop Series : Course 01 : So, You Want to Start (or Grow) your Own Fashion House.
Interested in starting a business in fashion? Have a talent and want to turn it into a successful enterprise? This is for you. The San Francisco Fashion and Merchants Alliance and Creative Startup Labs are teaming up to present a first-of-its-kind workshop series. Much more than a class, this is an engaging, interactive boot camp style course led by a professional instructor with deep experience in the industry. Not only will you learn valuable insight into the legal and business foundations that are needed to be successful in your career, you will have a chance to participate and gain both professional and peer-to-peer feedback about your own ideas. You will learn a valuable foundation that you can use yourself, build your network and gain access to the resources that will help turn your idea into a reality. This is a four-part workshop spread over 4 months in San Francisco. Take a look at the outline below and sign up today for any class you choose, or make a commitment to your project and save by enrolling in the entire course. Your future business is ready to start now. RSVP To Attend @ http://bit.ly/2rHD1Qo .
SF Fashion LaBs Workshop Series - COURSE 01 :
So, you want to start (or grow) your own fashion house.
a. Intro to CSL and SFFAMA
c. Course overview
d. How to turn your talent into success, and what you will need in order to do it.
e. Don’t worry, you aren’t alone. There are resources out there. To effectively use them, you have to at least somewhat understand them.
FULL PKG: $100
Course 02 : Fashion Law 101. The foundation needed to build and protect your house.
Course 03 : Dealing with neighbors professionally. Treating your house like a business.
Course 04 : Getting ready for expansion. Turning your house into your castle takes help. How to get it and how some help is different than others.
CSL founder Brad Carrick has been practicing for over 12 years with a JD from Harvard Law School and an MBA from IE Business School in Spain. He is also the founder of the award-winning fashion-tech brand SOLZ, Inc. and editor of the online magazine Fashion InJunction. He has a passion for bringing creative ideas to life – and helping artists and entrepreneurs turn their talents into success by starting and growing their businesses.
Creative Startup Labs is a full-service agency dedicated to helping talented entrepreneurs start and grow their businesses. Whether you need brand development, legal services, business plan preparation, creative financing, strategic consulting or product incubation, CSL can probably help. CSL founder Brad Carrick has been practicing for over 12 years with a JD from Harvard Law School and an MBA from IE Business School in Spain. He is also the founder of the award-winning fashion-tech brand SOLZ, Inc. and editor of the online magazine Fashion InJunction. He has a passion for bringing creative ideas to life – and helping artists and entrepreneurs turn their talents into success by starting and growing their businesses.
Join Fashion Tech Roundup (Pitch Night) 4.0. Participating startups will present their emerging fashion/tech startup or product. A professional judging panel will provide business critiques and the audience is also welcome to offer feedback to the presenting startups. Attend this workshop and meet other fashion/tech entrepreneurs, possible collaborators and future team mates. RSVP TO ATTEND. APPLY TO PITCH or contact Owen Geronimo.
Fashion Revolution Week - Eco Fashion panel w/ Amy Blyth / Partnership Development Manager, Factory Program at Fair Trase USA + Saloni Shrestha / Co-Founder and designer of AGAATI California + Anna Lehtola / Business Development Manager at Lovia Collection + Erin Wold / Co-Founder & COO of SilkRoll (Moderator) > April 25th, RSVP @ http://bit.ly/2oFnPyx
- Responsible for delivering exceptional customer service Overcoming guest objections and closing sales while building on-going relationships Help create and maintain a store culture focused on the customer, enhance the buying experience and build relationships that lead to long term business growth; demonstrate detailed knowledge of all products and services.
- Use company tools to build clientele and achieve sales Responsible for achieving individual sales goals and assisting General Manager in ensuring the store meets its sales plan.
- Ensure each customer is welcomed into the store in a warm and genuinely sincere manner.
- Ensure the appropriate quality time is spent with the customer, asking questions in order to learn about his/her needs, preferences and lifestyle.
- Go above and beyond the customer's initial requests and assist in fulfilling his/her wardrobe needs by recommending complete outfits.
- Sonas Denim, a compassionate, free spirited, lifestyle fashion brand is seeking an enthusiastic, passionate volunteer creative intern who wants to gain real life experience with an up and coming fashion line. The right candidate will be creative, adept with social media, reliable and able to commit to at least 10-15 hours a week.
- Overseeing and facilitating the day-to-day social media operations and author posts across all of our social channels -- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- Working with the founders on the creation and implementation of a social media campaign on our Social Media channels of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest (or other suggested channels).
- Maintaining online presence with innovative content of interest
- Expanding our fan base
- Marketing via Email
- Submitting articles to bloggers and then linking to us. Commenting on other articles of interest in the name of Sonas.
- Must be a self starter, motivated, reliable, organized and driven.
- Experience in fashion and public relations a plus but not required.
- Must be able to work independently as well as on a team
- Must be a creative self-starter to help take our brand to the next level by building up our followers and finding innovative ways to give our brand a look and a voice in the world of fashion oriented social media
- Must be able to connect with bloggers, fashion and media editors as well as various industry professionals.
- The position will be reporting to the founder and is an unpaid (voluntary) internship, but can be arranged for college credit.
- Commission's will be paid on any sales resulting from your marketing efforts. (i.e. if you create a link or Promo Code to lead back to a posting you are responsible for)
- It is a volunteer position but we will pay you an hourly wage in trade in jeans based upon minimum wage and the posted retail price of jeans. So, if you like to write and post and have a passion for social media, marketing, fashion and animals we'd love to hear from you! We'd like to hear what talents you can bring to our team, as well as what you hope to gain from this opportunity. See Sonas Denim products www.sonasdenim.com
Please send resume and cover letter to - firstname.lastname@example.org
TAYLOR / MONROE, high-end hair salon located in Hayes Valley, is conducting a model call for an upcoming photoshoot for their hair lookbook. T/M is looking for photogenic female models who are open to color and/or cut for this hair shoot. See more details below:
- Photoshoot Date: Monday, Feb. 13th
- Call Time: TBD
- Photographer: Genevieve Diaz and Lauren Midori
- NO Compensation: Trade for color and cut services, color & cut services are typically $200+. Models will also get all photos taken for their portfolio.
- Other Requirements: Models must be available prior to the day of the shoot to have color/cut service done. On the day of the shoot, models will simply be styled by T/M stylists and photographed.
- Wardrobe: Azalea Boutique, Rand + Statler
If interested, contact: Benji Pow, email@example.com,
Iron Creative has an amazing opportunity for someone looking to get their feet wet in the fashion and / or photography industry. We need an intern for the next 6-8 weeks in prep for a seasonal photoshoot. The person would be working at at the client's location for approx 25 hours per week.
The position would include any and everything that involves getting teams ready for a photoshoot - scheduling meetings, outreach to vendors, working with the production company on logistics, gathering clothing from samples, readying contracts, etc. And a possibility of attending the shoot in LA.
- An interest in fashion, photography or marketing
- A go-getter
- Highly organized and lover of logistics
- Creative problem solver
- 25 hours per week
- No college degree required. It’s a great opp for a fashion student.
- This will be paid, although pay is TBD depending on experience.
To apply please send resume with a brief email (to: firstname.lastname@example.org) on why you are interested. If you don’t have a resume, a few bullets about experience and reason for interest.
"Fast fashion has followed a trend similar to the fast food chains that inspired its name - explosive growth, massive popularity, and then consumer skepticism. Turns out that having access to clothes en masse mere days after the latest runway shows requires production practices that aren’t healthy for societies or our planet. Just like factory farming and consuming Whoppers and fries consistently isn’t healthy or sustainable, inexpensive clothing meant to be worn once or twice and constantly replaced isn’t much better for us. Even McKinsey says so. In 2004, we had Supersize Me; in 2015, we got The True Cost. Are we seeing the beginning of a shift away from fast fashion? Will apparel brands more akin to Chipotle start gaining real traction?" — Kelsey Halling, Sustainable Brands
Photo Credit: Zara
What are the basic requirements to apply?
We are open to any innovations at the intersection of fashion, retail, and technology. Yes, that is broad, but the Fashion and Retail Partners want to see everything from CRM, peer-to-peer commerce, brick and mortar sales and merchandising tools, actionable data insight display, iBeacon, to whoever cracks the nut on the virtual shopping layer with augmented reality. If you have that covered, then we will also need to see a robust, functional beta along with a solid founding team that includes one technical member. Check? Okay then, lastly the founder/cofounders must be located in NYC for the 12 weeks (March - June).
Join us on November 05th-06th, 2016 at Startup House!
Build IOT App Solutions for Retail & Fashion
reate a team + Build a team + Connect w/ other creatives to build an app or a startup company....No other city embraces the intertwined relationship between fashion, retail, technology, and the future of Virtual Reality more than San Francisco does. With the city being known as the hub where technology and fashion intermix... the goal is to create an innovative app to tackle various challenges to foster growth in the local or global fashion industries. Teams will learn from mentors about industry issues and what solutions are relevant.
he hackathon seeks to bring together designers, developers, business professionals, and technologists to cultivate ideas on how to #DisruptFashion.
San Francisco embraces the intertwined relationship between fashion, retail and technology like no other city. Understanding this relationship, San Francisco Fashion Merchants and Alliance, Inc. (SFFAMA) will present San Francisco Fashion Week ™ 2016 on September 24, 2016 - October 2, 2016.
With the city being known as the ultimate hub where technology and fashion intermix, it’s only fitting that this year’s theme is “Tech Drives Fashion.”
San Francisco Fashion Week ™ 2016 will explore how technology has become an integral part of the fashion industry by showcasing emerging designer collections, virtual reality, 3D fashion, wearable tech and so much more.
Join us in this fashion revolution during the 7th annual San Francisco Fashion Week ™ 2016 and explore how “Tech Drives Fashion” for yourself in the world’s leading hub of technology.
Day 1 | Sunday, September 25, 2016
Opening Reception @ Monroe SF
Day 2 | Monday, September 26, 2016
Day 3 | Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Fashion Tech Expo @ Galvanize
Day 4 | Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Retail Tech Summit @ Gensler
Day 5 | Thursday, September 29, 2016
VR Style's Night Out @ Wework Transbay
Day 6 | Friday, September 30, 2016
Emerging Designers Showcase @ Founder's Space
Day 7 | Saturday, October 1, 2016
Ready to Wear Showcase @ DZINE
Day 8 | Sunday, October 2, 2016
High Fashion Showcase @ Bloomingdale's
San Francisco Fashion Week ™ 2016 : Fashion Business Series - Apparel + Manufacturing in San Francisco
San Francisco is home to a diverse network of creative entrepreneurs whose products enjoy a local following and global attention.
From apparel to technology-driven hardware, San Francisco is home to one of the most diverse manufacturing ecosystem. This panel and workshop will discuss the manufacturing challenges and realities of the local apparel industry that include industrial space & domestic production; benefits and challenges of manufacturing locally; affordable manufacturing space; hiring qualified workers; sustaining sales for high end, custom, and/or artisanal products. (Source : SFMade)
This essential workshop is for individuals, students and professionals looking to start or expand their business in the local San Francisco fashion industry and to learn from companies offering business services in manufacturing that are invaluable to success as a fashion entrepreneur. Perfect networking opportunity for fashion startups, fashion designers, students, retailers, entrepreneurs, boutique and business owners.
VR FEST : An open invitation to Virtual Reality
As virtual reality interest rises, so does the need for its enthusiasts and industry members to meet. Check out the exciting VR (Virtual Reality) Fest at the Palace of Fine Arts. Attendees will be able to immerse themselves in the fast developing world of VR, meet VR professionals, demo new VR products and network with likeminded enthusiasts. This event will focus on the new commercial opportunities that Virtual and Augmented Reality present, highlighting the tools and techniques needed to create VR content and business opportunities. Checkout the latest advances in Virtual Reality technology including headset manufacturers, studios showcasing VR games, 360 video cameras and other applications of VR technology, plus companies offering tools and support services for VR developers.
VR is gradually changing the real estate industry as brokers, realtors and appraisers start to get a feel for what virtual reality technology is all about. Anticipating that consumers will gravitate to VR in the next few years, making the headsets must-have devices and creating an opportunity for brokerages, especially for those who are focused on high-end -properties. The day is coming when buyers will slip on a virtual reality headset and be transported to a home where they can wander from room to room and size up whether it feels right without actually visiting.
Join this engaging real estate tech event and find out how VR is changing the real estate industry on July 07, 2016. RSVP HERE!
- Door opens : 7:00
- Fashion Exhibit : 7:30 - 8:15
- Reception & Networking : 8:15 - 9:00
- $20 Day of event and at the door
- Medias must apply to cover this event (email credentials to : email@example.com)
- RSVP to attend @ http://bit.ly/1Nl3jxA
“PRÊT-À-PORTER SF” is one of the many successful fashion events along, with Project San Francisco, The Beauty Expo, Fashion Feud, Fashion Tech Week and San Francisco Fashion Week ™, that SFFAMA has brought to fruition, which are all labors of love with strong community support. One of SFFAMA’s main goals is to establish San Francisco as a global fashion destination and as a catalyst of fashion and technology convergence. SFFAMA strongly believes in making in an impact in their ongoing philanthropic efforts and mentorship programs utilizing various initiatives in retail, fashion/tech, wearables and VR, in support of their fashion incubators : SFFashionLab and Fashion Tech Lab. Pret-A-PorterSF was nominated for Best Runway event for four consecutive years at San Francisco Fashion Awards.
Join us on May 16th for an evening of shopping with artist and designer Pia MYrvoLD and B.A.D. Space owner, Breanna de Geere. RSVP HERE!
Visiting from Paris, Pia will be on hand to speak about this unique collection. ARCHIVE is comprised of 20 styles from her collections originally presented on the Chambre Syndicale Official Calendar in Paris. Curated by Breanna and remade using local manufacturing in San Francisco, the collection offers fine fabrics, elaborate cuts and an artistic aesthetic.
Also on view is the complete exhibition: Pia MYrvoLD - HYBRID LOVE
Encompassing sculpture, digigraphic edition prints, soft goods (digitally printed silk pillows, art carpets & printed ottomans) and large scale projections. Her artworks have been shown around the world, and most recently at Centre Pompidou Paris, K-11 Shanghai, PACE gallery Bejing and Art for Tomorrow Doha.
#VARForum Lifestyle Series #02 : WOMEN in VR [Virtual Reality]
Join us in highlighting the accomplishments of women in Virtual Reality. Listen to an inspiring women panel of VR innovators. Learn from these amazing women about their successes, leadership styles, tech talents and creativity. RSVP to join us @ http://bit.ly/23ppTqT
If interested or to be considered as a panel speaker, please contact Owen Geronimo via email at > info(at)fashiontechpr.com